Small Change Big Impact
Our team of environmental enthusiasts has put together everything you need to make a difference.
LearnSee All guides
Compostable, home compostable, biodegradable… these terms are often used interchangeably but have significant differences. Keep reading to learn what sets these terms apart - and what is most su... Read More
Plastic has severe implications on the health of our planet, from production to decomposition. The products themselves are harmful, for sure, but the byproducts of plastics are also problematic ... Read More
Microplastics sound, well, tiny. But these little shards of plastic debris have a massive impact on the planet. So let’s break down everything you need to know about microplastics: what... Read More
Organize A Cleanup
Ready to make an impact on your own community? Coordinating a cleanup is easy - just follow these simple steps.Learn more
Organize a cleanup
Pick a location
Choose somewhere special to you that needs a little love - your local playground, a hiking trail, a stretch of road or an empty lot. Spots in your own neighborhood are great places to start. You could also focus your efforts on a national park, beach, or landmark.
Assemble your team
Gather friends, family, neighbors and colleagues to work together for the cause, and encourage them to invite their social circle to expand your reach.
Spread the word
Use our email and social media templates to share in seconds. Reach out to local conservation and environmental groups who will be able to use their platform to spread the word and give you helpful tips.
Gather your supplies
You'll likely have everything you need on hand. If not, you'll be able to find cleanup must-haves at most grocery stores. Be sure to bring extras for last-minute volunteers.
- Heavy-duty protective gloves
- HoldOn compostable trash bags to collect garbage
- Paper bags, boxes, or recycling trash bags for recyclable material
- Trash pickers and grabbers, if desired
- Clothes and shoes you don't mind getting dirty
- A refillable water bottle to stay hydrated
- Upbeat tunes and a Bluetooth speaker - with respect to wildlife and noise restrictions, of course. Search the HoldOn Spotify account for the perfect jams
- Refreshments to keep the troops happy, hydrated, and far from hangry
- Matching t-shirts - if you have a recurring cleanup, making t-shirts is a great way to build community and spread the word